• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Anyone Have A Recommendation For A Good All Purpose Easy Maintenance Chainsaw?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So I tried the Electric Ryobi 40 V Chainsaw earlier This year, and I had a dud from the factory in which the battery would not take a charge. Or the battery charger was defective.

Now that I've got another ryobi 18 V edge or, really do see the limitation of battery-powered devices if you've got a bunch of work to do, you're stressed stuck if the batteries die. Where gasoline powered unit you can go ahead and just put more gas and and you're good to go.

So I really need an all purpose light duty chainsaw. Anyone have any recommendations?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I will never buy a cheap chain saw again. I had a McCulloch. I had nothing but problems starting the thing every time I wanted to use it. If I ever but another gas powered chain saw, it will be a stihl. I know they are expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I have Stihl chainsaws but they are older and absolutely trouble free. One is a small 009 while the other is a 045AV, professional saw. I would be looking at Echo saws. Looked them over at trade show and they offered the longest warranty and nice saw. Echo spring assist recoil is a very nice feature. Pull starting my 045AV is like starting a old V4 boat motor! Not friendly to your back.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
David Bradley made a durable saw. Need a good strong woman to cart this one around the forest. The saw was at display of small vintage engines.
fullsizeoutput_3b3.jpeg

Related Content You Might Like: