• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Carlos Ghosn CEO of Renault. What happened?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What happened to
Carlos Ghosn? I heard on the radio he was arrested.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I heard it on the radio and it seems like there are two basic stories that have come out. He's guilty in the court of public opinion of earning too much money (welcome to the new Japan - he's on the board of two or three car companies and he's earning too much money) and he may have not disclosed his income properly. I'm my mind I read that as tax evasion, but after reading that article I'm thinking that it's something different. i guess time will tell what he's actually guilty of. They arrested Paul McCartney in the 80's for weed and if he weren't a celebrity he would have done 10 years hard labor.

By going after a high-profile and slightly disliked figure like Ghosn—and arresting him rather than simply indicting him—the Tokyo Prosecutors appear to be trying to varnish their diminished reputation as Japan’s elite crime-fighting agency. If Ghosn was a Japanese citizen and a well-liked Japanese executive, it seems unlikely that he would have to endure the humiliation of an actual arrest. However, in the court of public opinion, Ghosn is already guilty—of earning too much money, and possibly not being honest about it. It is also believed that his high salary earned him enmity within the company, which motivated a whistleblower to come forward with their grievances.

Related Content You Might Like: