• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do You Actually Know Anyone Who Owns An Alfa Romeo Stelvio Suv?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just saw a pretty decent sized Alfa Romeo display at the State Fair of Texas. In fact, it's the largest Alfa display I've ever seen at a car show.

I guess it makes sense, now that FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) in Italy owns Alfa Romeo, and one of the reasons that Fiat bailed out Chrysler after the 2008 worldwide economic meltdown is the fact that they wanted a bigger footprint inside of North America ... it makes sense that they would try to cross-sell more vehicles here now.

Anyhow, anyone have $80,000 to put down on a pretty impressive Alfa Romeo Stelvio 505-hp SUV? I got into one at the State Fair of Texas and just give some of my feedback here.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Alfa was big in Italy/Siccily during the 80's and 90's. We owned 3 while stationed in Siccily, 2 different 4Dr sedans and a fiery red 2 Dr sports car. Not really powerful or comfortable cars, but they were still sporty.
Looks like they changed the line up a lot now.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Had a co-worker who owned an Alfa Spyder (of some sort) back in the day (late 1970s). He bought it new and it ran well for a few years. Then it started spending more time in the shop than on the road, so he traded it for a Porsche 944 which was a MUCH nicer car.

Having owned several Fiats back in the day, I have no use for Italian cars. They just require way too much maintenance (weekly) to keep them going. Adding smog junk and safety stuff did nothing to improve them either.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My dad had a 1966 AR Sypder before I was born. Had to sell it as its def not a family car.

The video I made has received less than 100 views in 3 weeks. I guess that's your answer.

Related Content You Might Like: