• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Low Immune System - IVIG is a God-send. Really Works

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My kid is getting an IVIG, Intravenous immunoglobulin, which is a very expensive blood product designed to take antibodies from a lot of blood donors and infuse them into someone with a low immune system.

Today my son is getting his first infusion. It's #1 or 2 today, took 6-hours, getting the other 1/2 tomorrow.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It's it's been almost a year since I posted this, and he's been doing fantastic.

One year ago was a living hell. My son had a major reaction to some wasp/hornet stings and because he's got a low immune system, he was having full body convulsions and very loud vocal screeches/tics every 5 to 10 seconds for up to 8 or 10 hours. Yes, you read that right.

So the immunologist ordered the IVIG and it was approved. Now we have new insurance (United Healthcare) and they want to do a physician peer review. Well, the immunologist is too busy for that. Not that I speak for him, but I heard from his office that he had to cancel the last scheduled peer review.

So, we're stuck. Getting this every 3 weeks was the single most effective treatment I've ever seen. Things were so bad a year ago and they had gotten so much better. But now that we're a few weeks out, he's complaining that he feels like his brain is on fire again and he's starting to act out.

I get that the insurance wants to ask a few questions, but when a doctor is overwhelmed with sick patients s/he doesn't have time to stop and take a 30-minute call from a doctor at an insurance company for why they have recommended this therapy.

IVIG for the win! Let's go United HealthCare, get it approved.

Related Content You Might Like: