• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb video Footage Faked? Who are the thieves?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
EDIT: Mark Rober just admitted that some of the footage was inauthentic and the bait package was picked up by friends-of-friends, in exchange for money. This is why I labored the point at how much these people look like regular people. Read More: https://www.toyotatruckclub.com/forum/threads/glitter-bomb-video-footage-faked-video-edited.356007/

Like so many people in this day and age I'm the victim of petty theft. That's why I, along with millions of other people find the "Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap" video to be very satisfying to say the least. Finally we can feel like we're getting back at these people who have stolen our belongings.

However, just what type of person is this?

alleged-package-thief.png

I watched the video very carefully and in slow-motion several times to see what we can learn about the people depicted in this video. Honestly, they look just like you and me, just have apparently decided to go down the path of stealing other people's property. Pretty sad.

The faces are blurred, but are there other clues that can help us understand who these people are? Looking at the scene when the woman who tosses the package into the garbage ... which she very arrogantly demands the package get out of her house (who brought it in?) ... there's a very interesting observation on the side of the one of the trash bins and written on the front of another, that unfortunately gives the location of this recording away.

Look at the Trash Bins!

On one of the trash bins, there is an identification mark and phone number that plots this house in Pittsburgh, California. This is a huge break as it takes a state of nearly 40 million people and instead gives us a target of a small city of 60k people. This is where we can can start here to enter their world. Then, if you look at the bin in the background, her house address numbers are written on it in white ink or chalk. What? Really? The video shows the address that she's at, which she claimed was her house?

Pause the video at 7:50 to see. The house address number is written in white lettering on the trash bin in the back ground. Do a simple google search and you'll find the house.

glitter bomb video house.png

I didn't post the video, and I'm not posting the address. I don't know who lives in the house, who owns the house, if this person is a renter or a homeowner or just a visitor (although she does say that it's "my house" when she goes to throw out the device). I'm just pointing out that the people in this video are people just like you and me and might live next door to us.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Pause the video at 7:50 to see. That's the same house. The house address number is written in white lettering on the trash bin in the back ground.

4342 ... in the city of Pittsburg, CA. Do a simple google search and you'll find the house.

upload_2018-12-18_17-38-21.png

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Pittsburgh Ca. is near the San Francisco Bay Area, east of San Francisco.
Its a rough area, not surprising to have Porch Pirates.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Still a $430k+ house. Just for the record, I'm not posting anyone's address here in this thread. I just am making an observation that the house number is written on the garbage can in the video.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
In 1983 I paid $378,000 for a 3 bdrm, 2 ba, 2 car carport home on a 62x74 lot in Walnut creek which is about 20 miles away.
Don't let the inflated price fool you, its why all the aholes from Ca keep moving to Texas.
The prices are wildly inflated and theres a sucker ready to sell his soul for eternal indebtedness to buy every one of those crap holes out there that's way over priced.
The economy in Ca has been on a crazy roller coaster for years, every time you think its gonna get grounded in reality along comes another generation of fools that's willing to pay outrageous prices to be able to say they lived in a certain zip code.
The home I grew up in Northern Ca. in a suburb near Sacramento, a 4 bdrm, 2 ba, 2 car garage on 1/4 acre was originally purchased by my parents new for $23k in 1969, they sold it for $354k in 1992. It next sold for $220k in 1996. 2003 it sold for $390k. 2009 it sold for $185k. And in 2014 it sold for $397k. P. T. Barnum said it best......theres a sucker born every minute.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
In 1983 I paid $378,000 for a 3 bdrm, 2 ba, 2 car carport home on a 62x74 lot in Walnut creek which is about 20 miles away.
Don't let the inflated price fool you, its why all the aholes from Ca keep moving to Texas.
The prices are wildly inflated and theres a sucker ready to sell his soul for eternal indebtedness to buy every one of those crap holes out there that's way over priced.
The economy in Ca has been on a crazy roller coaster for years, every time you think its gonna get grounded in reality along comes another generation of fools that's willing to pay outrageous prices to be able to say they lived in a certain zip code.
The home I grew up in Northern Ca. in a suburb near Sacramento, a 4 bdrm, 2 ba, 2 car garage on 1/4 acre was originally purchased by my parents new for $23k in 1969, they sold it for $354k in 1992. It next sold for $220k in 1996. 2003 it sold for $390k. 2009 it sold for $185k. And in 2014 it sold for $397k. P. T. Barnum said it best......theres a sucker born every minute.
and now they're living in Frisco, Texas. Just saw the report that builders overbuilt in Frisco and some are dumping houses up to $150k off their original asking price just to get them off the books.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Seems like a ton of people found now found this thread. Welcome folks.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like they blurred out most of the garbage can info in the video.

Screenshot_20181219-043840_YouTube.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, almost. :) can still see it in the background on the right camera. Lol.

Screenshot_20181219-045710_YouTube.jpg

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Eagle eyes there. Good catch. I guess it's the recording of a crime so why bother blurring everything out?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Eagle eyes there. Good catch. I guess it's the recording of a crime so why bother blurring everything out?
Simple. The film maker can provide evidence that he did the best he could to not identify the perps and therefore he can (likely) avoid a lawsuit. Good move on his part, but his efforts are incomplete.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Simple. The film maker can provide evidence that he did the best he could to not identify the perps and therefore he can (likely) avoid a lawsuit. Good move on his part, but his efforts are incomplete.
Plus, again for the record, we have only made observations on what we saw in the video. :)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, Mark Robson just updated the video and states that some of the people had been paid to get reactions. I give him props for showing this, turns out they took out the "stink bomb" lady and the people before and after. Looks like they might have been tipped off.

Note about 2 missing the reactions in the video- I was presented with information that caused me to doubt the veracity of 2 of the 5 reactions in the video. These were reactions that were captured during a two week period while the device was at house 2 hours away from where I live. I put a feeler out for people willing to put a package on their porch and this person (who is a friend of a friend) volunteered to help. To compensate them for their time and willingness to risk putting a package on their porch I offered financial compensation for any successful recoveries of the package. It appears (and I've since confirmed) in these two cases, the “thieves" were actually acquaintances of the person helping me. From the footage I received from the phones which intentionally only record at specific times, this wasn’t clear to me. I have since removed those reactions from the original video (originally 6:26-7:59). I’m really sorry about this. Ultimately, I am responsible for the content that goes on my channel and I should have done more here. I can vouch for that the reactions were genuine when the package was taken from my house. Having said that, I know my credibly is sort of shot but I encourage you to look at the types of videos I’ve been making for the past 7 years. This is my first ever video with some kind of “prank" and like I mentioned in the video it’s pretty removed from my comfort zone. I should have done more. Full stop. I’m especially gutted because so much thought, time, money and effort went into building the device and I hope this doesn’t just taint the entire effort as “fake". It genuinely works (like all the other things I’ve built on my channel) and we’ve made all the code and build info public. Again, I’m sorry for putting something up on my channel that was misleading. That is totally on me and I will take all necessary steps to make sure it won’t happen again.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow. Turns out they're neighbors. The "cici" in the original video and the lady package thief live next door to each other.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Devastated! Just when I thought this whole video was real & unscripted. So goes the internet.

Related Content You Might Like: