• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Post Pics From Your Phone

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Guess what Im doing this weekend. At least its under my front porch, and, yea its a leaking shingle nail on the roof.
20180629_172411.jpg

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Progress. I should have the leak fixed. I used some tar adhesive on the top of the new plywood, then went on top of the roof and put a lot more under the shingles. They are calling for rain next week, so I will wait until next weekend to put up new plywood sheeting.
20180630_132135.jpg
20180630_161854.jpg
20180630_164922.jpg

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Thanks. My wife would not let it go any longer Ha Ha. She spotted it before I did. Its just a shame that the roofer did such a crappy job when he replaced the roof 7 years ago. It looks good from the top. There is a spot that they repaired, but they didn't replace a large enough section of plywood.They just wanted to get in, do the job, get paid, and get out. There is no since of pride any more in far to many people these days.The flatish spots of the roof, have been an issue since I bought the house 21 years ago. There is just not enough pitch on the porch, and patio.When you own an older house, it never stops, there is always something.
20160504_165108.jpg
20141111_145509.jpg

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Fun.

My kid watched a video on youtube where you make a watermelon smoothie with a drill and a wire. Came out pretty good.

20180706_205258.jpg

Took part in a 4th of july parade in dallas and was behind this float for an hour. Made me hungry.

20180704_095659.jpg

My ac overheated outside and blew up the contactor relay, melted wires.

20180701_181636.jpg

Attachments

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yea, and its way to hot to not have your AC working
Bought three window units to keep the house cool-ish. Down to about 80 in the day and low 70s at night. Took about 5 days back and forth to get fixed. With this massive heatwave ACs are melting down all over texas. Cheaper to get the window units than to spend 5 nights at a hotel

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Funny you should say its cheaper to buy buy 3 window units than stay in a motel, I have 3 units in the garage for emergencies, everyone looks at me like I'm stupid, until the ac goes out. I've even stuck them under the garage door once in a while to get the temp cool enough to work in there.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Funny you should say its cheaper to buy buy 3 window units than stay in a motel, I have 3 units in the garage for emergencies, everyone looks at me like I'm stupid, until the ac goes out. I've even stuck them under the garage door once in a while to get the temp cool enough to work in there.
I have a larger 120 AC unit for emergencies too. Grate for that hurricane about every 10 years or so. I also have a 8500 KW generator that will run everything but my central AC, so for that 10 year storm, I can close the back half of the house off. I back feed power from my welding 240 plug in machine plug in the shed. I just kill the main breaker in the house, then plug in and start the generator. Everything in the house works except the central AC. When power is restored. I kill the generator, unplug it, and throw the main breaker back on.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Kenny; I bought a surplus military, 10KW Diesel/multi fuel trailer mounted generator about 4 years ago for emergencies.
It has the sound suppression kit so that when I fire it off and run it at 3k rpms its about as loud as a lawn mower.
I have it wired with a quick connect plug into the house just after the meter so any excess amperage goes into our local power supply and will roll our meter back. The power company has complained about it, but I think thats because a few times they've had to refund my account for power usage.
This generator is powerful enough to fully power my house and my neighbors, central HVAC systems and any other extras. Its only tripped once when I was running both houses and tried to run my Mig welder.
Last fall I purchased two Iron Tron 2kw generators as back-up, back-ups, so far they've only powered my daughters house for a few hours during a brown out.
The iron Tron generators run about $129 each, and around $105 with a military discount.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I am not going to make any changes to what I have at this time. My wife and I have kind of out grown our house. It is just Her and I now, and we really don't need a 3 bed room 2 bath house. Could down size. We still have about 10 years on the mortgage, but the house is worth a lot more than we paid for it, or still owe on it. IDK what we will do yet. If we do move. I want to get one of those self starting natural gas generators. Maybe 13 KW or something like that. I also want a real shop, not just 3 sheds like I have now. Something I can drive my truck into and work on it when I want to. Maybe 20 x 50 or something like that. I wont do anything until after the road construction is finished by my house. The main road leading to my subdivision. Its going from a over crowded 2 lane road to a 4 lane blvd, with turning lanes.This should raise my homes value somewhat. I think they will finish the construction in about another year or so. They said it would be finished before the end of the year, but that won't happen, no way.

Related Content You Might Like: