• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

SECURE YOUR LOAD PEOPLE!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Saw this on Facebook from a police office in MO's page. How would you feel if this was you, a loved one or friend driving behind a truck that this flew out of?

FB_IMG_1567474985275.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's the Facebook page. Ive been behind a truck towing a trailer in which a half sheet of plywood flew out and gave me flat tires, narrowly missed driving into it vs over it.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Man was anyone hurt. I tell our customers to secure there loads all the time. This pic will drive my point home.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Just goes to show how much damage anything flying out/off a vehicle can be. Hope no one was hurt.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm not certain if anyone was hurt or not by this, but if it has entered on the driver's side of the cab instead of the passenger's side it would have smacked the driver with glass and what not. You can guess that the driver was able to keep control and move to the shoulder as there doesn't appear to be any major damage to the car, but just a crazy crazy photo.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
With enough speed, honestly just about anything will fly out of a vehicle.

Plywood, 2X4s, a mattress, a tv, pictures, photo albums, children, people on top of a mattress ... just about any object that is in the bed of a truck, given enough speed and enough wind underneath it, can come flying out and becomes a road hazard.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm guilty of trying to stop to pickup a ladder on the side of the road before.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Our neighbor had the front end of her Camry smashed by a spare tire that fell off a lawn care truck. Truck driver never knew it fell out.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Our neighbor had the front end of her Camry smashed by a spare tire that fell off a lawn care truck. Truck drive never knew it fell out.
What stinks is that you have to stop because your vehicle is disabled, can't chase down the offender. Makes a strong case for a dash cam rolling at all times. One use would pay for the cost of the unit

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
What stinks is that you have to stop because your vehicle is disabled, can't chase down the offender. Makes a strong case for a dash cam rolling at all times. One use would pay for the cost of the unit
Yep. She didn't get the license plate number, so no going after the offender. Major repair too. Kinda like hitting a cow or elk.

Related Content You Might Like: