• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Spotted in town : is this a 1940's Willys Jeep SUV?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Saw this in town. Willys jeep from the 40's perhaps?

I've seen this around before bit it was always parked somewhere and I never tried to get a photo. Not the best quality photos uploaded but I didn't want to post this guy's license plate so these will have to do until I can touch up better quality pics to remove that.

20190814_072808.jpg

20190814_072809.jpg

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
It looks like it is, but its hard to tell for sure. The pics are clear enough and I cant make them big enough to tell, but if you look at the side of the hood, in front of that green bag on the fender, I can see a badge there, but cant make out what it says.

There was several different MFGs that made Jeeps in the late 40s through the 50s and they all looked very similar. I redid a 1950s Jeep for a guy years ago that was a 50 Jeep. It was not a willys. It looked just like one though. Cool factor, it had a bullet hole on the hood that he said do not fix that. I did the body work, and repainted it flat green. It was nice when I was done. There was no keys for it. It had a push butten stater on the floor, and a kill switch on the dash.

Related Content You Might Like: